Disclosure: This is a professional review blog which gets compensated for the products reviewed by the companies who produce them. All of the products are tested thoroughly and high grades are received only by the best ones. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions. .
It’s hard enough trying to make ourselves get out of bed in the morning and get dressed for work. Now throw in a few tiny humans and it can very well be the morning circus.
My kids rise super early, so my mornings consist of a lot of distractions. If your reading this, these things may be happening to you as well.
You might be a mom if…….
- You have an audience while you put on your makeup and do your hair
- you are constantly picking up things your kids so graciously left all over the house
- you have to stop 500 million times while getting ready to tell your child “no” in some form or another
- you have to listen to whining at 6 in the morning
So, to help me combat all of the above and also so I won’t pull my hair out, I try to do these 5 things before hand so that my morning runs a little bit smoother.
Rise before them
- As hard as it is to wake up even earlier, it makes life a little more peaceful. Getting up at least 30 minutes before my kids helps me to have my alone peace and get fully awake. Doing this can also help you have a more positive outlook on the day.
Prepare your fuel
- Coffee is everything! But seriously I need my coffee first thing in the morning, So I started setting everything up the night before. I make sure the Keurig has water in it, set out my coffee cup and set out my K Cup. This way, when I wake up, all I have to do is turn it on. Simple!
If you currently don’t use a keurig, I would strongly recommend getting one. Super fast and easy! I use the one below… (Click the image to be redirected)
Prepare your wardrobe
- If you’re like me in the morning, trying on 5 outfits before finally deciding on 1, this can really put you in a time crunch. I have found that if I pick out what I’m going to wear the night before, I’m typically ready 10 minutes earlier than normal. Major time saver!
Put some laundry on
- Sometimes when I tell people this they look at me like I’ve grown a second head. Ha! But it really does help out a lot. If you do this every day during the week or even every other day, you aren’t spending your weekend doing laundry. Win!
Pack lunches the night before
- This can be such a time saver and can also help you to not forget altogether….. which for sure happens at some point or another. Prep and prepare the night before and all you need to do is grab and go in the morning.
Adding these 5 things into my morning routine really helps me have an easy and productive day. No more rushing or being frustrated if I forget something. No more running late in a frenzy.
Trust me, it will if nothing else, give you a more relaxed approach to your day. This way, when you get home from work you have more patience to get you through the homework, the bath time, dinner time, bed time and all the things we do in between!
Do the things that help you to be the best you!
What do you do in your morning routine? I’d love to hear your suggestions in the comments section below.